- Board Certified Neurosurgeon
- Neurovascular Surgery. Brain Aneurysm Microsurgery, Brain Vascular Malformation Surgery, Brain Bypass Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery. Meningioma, Acoustic Neuroma, Skull Base Tumors, Complex Brain Tumors
“I have the privilege and responsibility of caring for patients who have serious conditions that affect the blood vessels of the brain and the base of the skull. It has always been my belief that intense subspecialization (limiting my practice to the treatment of a small number of complex disease processes) and a multidisciplinary team approach allows us to provide the full spectrum of treatment options and the very best outcomes to each patient.”
- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine, M.D. Degree
- Post-Graduate: General Surgery Internship, University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
- Neurological Surgery Residency: University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
- Fellowship: Cerebrovascular Surgery, University of Western Ontario Department of Neurosurgery
- Board Certified, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Chair, National Brain Aneurysm & Tumor Center, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, 2013-present
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, Surgical Neurology International, 2011-present
- Nussbaum ES: Cerebral Ventricular Drainage Catheter with Guard.
- Nussbaum ES: Surgical Compression clip and surgical method for treating an aneurysm.
- Nussbaum ES, Nussbaum LA: Post stroke stimulation device and treatment method.
- Nussbaum ES. Brain Aneurysms and Vascular Malformations. A Guide for Patients and Families. Xlibris (Random House), Philadelphia, 2000.
- Nussbaum ES, Mocco J: Cerebral Revascularization. Microsurgical and Endovascular Techniques. Thieme. 2011.
- Nussbaum ES: Video Atlas of Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery. Thieme. 2012.