Dr. Daniel Sipple, D.O., FABPR, DABPM is a double board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation and interventional pain medicine specialist. He trained at the world famous Shirley Ryan Ability Lab and later served on faculty at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago at an American Academy of Pain Medicine Center of Excellence. He practice in Denver, Colorado alongside former team physicians for the Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos, before heading to the Mayo Clinic, Eau Claire, WI campus with the Pain Center of Northwestern Wisconsin. Later, he headed up the HealthEast Spine Center as both Medical Director and Service Line Medical Director over Brain, Spine, Pain and Behavioral Health.
He’s worked with Midwest Spine since 2016, servicing patients with complex spine issues. He co-founded Insitu Biologics, and co-invented Anestagel, sustained release non-opioid pain killer for post operative pain, lowering opioid requirements for surgical patients and cost of care. He is the co-inventor and patent holder of the Acies Smart Needle, helping to address the humanistic burden of a death every 24 seconds globally due to inadvertent needle trauma. He serves on the board of directors for the Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT), a global think tank and neuroscience policy non-profit that addresses the multi-trillion dollar global economic and humanistic disease burden of conditions such as Addiction, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Epilepsy, Mental Illness, Parkinson’s, Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke.
He has presented at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, US Congress Neuroscience Caucus, the California General Assembly at the Neuroscience 20 in conjunction with the G20. SBMT advises the WHO, the CDC, the White House on Neuroscience. Dr. Sipple helped to draft legislation to fund Brain Technology and Innovation Park. BTIP a $500 Million Tech Park in Los Angeles, CA fostering tech development in conjunction with NASA, Los Alamos, DARPA, Lawerence Livermore, JPL and other federal labs to leverage federal lab patents repurposed to neuroscience. He has edited and/or co-authored various papers on COVID 19 and suicide prevention in collaboration with SBMT.
- Pain Management
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
- Nurse Questions: 651.259.4561
“Dr. Daniel Sipple is an expert in conservative management of a variety of spinal, musculoskeletal, and pain conditions. He is double board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine. His practice focuses on the use of minimally invasive treatments such as ultrasound guided interventions, radiofrequency ablation, spinal cord stimulation, physical modalities, epidural injections to alleviate pain, restore function and quality of life.”
- College: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities – B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical School: Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center
- Internship: University of Massachusetts
- Residency: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/Northwestern University Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Fellowship: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore/ Orthopedic & Spine Specialists of York, PA. Interventional Pain Fellowship
- Midwest Spine & Brain Institute, LLC.
- HealthEast: Service Line Medical Director: Brain, Pain & Spine
- InSitu Biologics, Founder, Board & Medical Advisor,
- Pain Clinic of Northwestern Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI
- Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Specialists, Denver, CO
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University Faculty
- Board Certified American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Board Certification in Pain Management
- Minnesota Board of Medicine
- Wisconsin Board of Medicine
Professional Memberships and Services:
- The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- International Spine Intervention Society
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics
- U.S. Patent Application No. PCT/US19/61609. Filed November 15, 2019: Detection Systems and Methods for Medical Devices
- U.S. Provisional Patent Application 62/014,513, June 2014
Biomarker Detection and Identification System and Apparatus
- Sipple D, Hudgins T. “Foot and Ankle Bursitis” in Silver, Frontera. Essentials of
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2nd Edition, May 2008
- Plastaras C, Marciniak CM, Sipple D. The effect of Interelectrode Distance on Sural
Nerve Action Potential Parameters. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2008 Mar; 87(3):183-188
- Sipple D, Philip P. Bitemporal hemianopsia: A rare complication of severe traumatic
brain injury- A case report and review of mechanism of injury Archives Physical
Medicine & Rehabilitation, Volume 87, Issue 11, Pg e7. Presented at the
Annual Assembly of the AAPM&R, Honolulu, Hawaii, November 2006.
- Sipple, D. Lou Gehrig’s Disease: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
J POMA, 46 (3): 18-21, 2002.
- Guiang S, Sipple D, Georgieff MK. Chronic Neonatal Hypoxemia Increases Cardiac Myoglobin and is Associated with Preservation of In Vitro Myocardial Contractility in
Iron Deficient Guinea Pigs. Pediatric Research, 45 (4): 1668. 1999 [Abstract]